title

title

Jun 12, 2021

Phase 2 (heightened alert)

It has been over 3weeks since government upgraded the COVID 19 alert back to phase 2(HA), since then I had to work from home. Workload wise has shown some increment as some of the worksite had resumed work and were trying to catchup on the delayed projects, work got a little busier but still manageable for now.

Personally wise , I spent most of the time at home. I didn’t managed to meet any of my friends and colleagues during these few weeks. They were pretty busy so I unable to talk to them even at zoom or what so ever. Since we were unable to eat outside these 3 weeks, my mum cook most of the time and probably , I might have saved a bit of money on meals this month. Since I am a little more free , I have spent a little more time doing jogging at the jurong lake park , and the record I managed to run would be 10km ( in 1 hours )

For vaccination wise, I managed to have my second dose on 4th of june. It was a smooth event and took barely 40 minutes. Compared to the first dose , I had a smaller side effect , with some arm pain which disappear after 2 hours

And today, almost 4 weeks coming to an end, the number of infected cases in Singapore dropped quite a bit , and in certain days , the figure went down to single digits. With some good news like these, the government has announced some relaxation of the ruling after 14 Jun (from phase 2 (HA) to phase 3(HA) that the maximum people that can be gathered increase from 2 people to 5 people. For higher risk activities (like F&B dine-in) , it would only be allowed from 21st jun onwards , provided the daily covid cases still within the manageable figures.

For overseas situation concerned , there are mixed news. Over in America and Europe (particular in those rich nations ) , COVID has subsided substantially after increased number of vaccination and life has started to roll back to normality. But in Asia, particularly Taiwan and Malaysia , the situation got worse recently. Taiwan got had very serious cases since start of May, and till today hundreds of cases was detected a day and 20 over people died everyday due to COVID. Any chance of visiting Taiwan this year is out of the question. Malaysia still sees over 6000 cases of COVID despite Full lock down for over 2 weeks.

Looking forward, I wish that the COVID problem could get smaller in the future. When majority of the world populations gets vaccinated, I could resume some form of travel by 2022. Friends wise, I don’t see any chances to meet up with them anytime soon , probably have to wait till the ruling was relaxed to 8 person or more. 写到这里,一个人也可以很开心

GOD bless all the time , 慧台

No comments: