title
Jul 13, 2025
A planned visit to lazarus island and kusu island
In the month of july , I decided I should spend a day visiting the chain of island for a day trip. I managed to take a Friday leave(11 july), so that I would probably had a longer weekend. I went online two weeks ago to book the tickets( at 18 dollars ) . there were a few timing to choose , starting from 9am . since I decided not to wake up too earl;y ,so I booked a 10am ferry instead .
In the morning , I woke up at 0720 am, and had a heavy breakfast at the nearby food court. At 0830 am , I took mrt to the marina south pier which I reached at 0940am. The personnel there took effort to brief me the timing of the boat I need to catch for me to visit 3 island.
From 10am , the boat departed for Lazarus island. There were quite a number of people taking the ferry, with half of them seems to be foreigners working on the island. There were also a few group of people planning to camp at Lazarus island. The trip took 25 minutes, before we reached Lazarus pier . from there I had around 90 minutes , before the next boat leaves for the sisters island . I took a walk to the nearby st john island . the place looks relatively the same compared to 10 years ago. There were no shops on the island, and pier to st john island has been under renovation . the weather was pretty cool , just after a morning showers . by 1115 , i have to walk back to lazarus island. according to the map, there are supposed to have a shop selling product, but its was permanently closed since 31 jun 2025, what a sad thing!
By 1145am , I went back to the pier for the ferry to the sister island. Surprisely , the ferry was pretty empty with around 7 people, including two couple and two gals ( probably NUS friends) . the place was very small , it took barely 30minutes to complete the whole lap . during the boat back to Lazarus island , I managed to talk to one of the couples which turn out to be the tourist for shanghai . I managed to chat with the guy (surname zhang) . and took a photo togther .
I waited another 20 minutes for a ferry to go to kusu island at 1415 hours , which was the last venue for the day . I reached the island at around 1445 hours ,where I spend one and a half hours. Only then , I realized that there were no shops open during normal seasons , I could only walk around , sit down , relax and enjoy the beach . by 1615, I took the last ferry back to Singapore .
Looking backwards , the whole trip was still quite ok ,and the scenery was pretty nice, just that there were;t much place of interest to see compared to pulua ubin. Looking forward, I probably wont visit again anytime soon, or until some significant upgrades happen on these islands , and hope some shops would appear on the islands, or at least some vending machines.
I should stop here for now , the next leave I targeting to be end of July, and maybe I should just go back to bukit timah hill to take a walk .不会谈恋爱的,一个人也可以很开心
GOD bless all the time , 慧台
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


















No comments:
Post a Comment