title
Apr 29, 2025
2025年的群众大会(SDP rally)
On the Monday morning , I return to work as usual. Workload wasn;t too heavy , so I could had some time for myself , doing my things.
On the night event, I am supposed to meet Alan to go for SDP rally. But as he needs to fetch his son from school, taking public transport to woodlands would be too late for him. For me , I would be taking dinner at home , if I would go to east side to fetch him , by the time we reach woodlands , it would be near to 10pm. Due to all this consideration , I guess I should just go alone so I can take MRT as well.
I reached Marsiling mrt , where I walked toward Woodlands stadium. I reached the stadium at aound 2050 hours , the crowd wasn;t a lot , much less compared to the workers rally last week. Half of the participants were standing on the grass pitch , which took up only 30-40% of the football field , while the rest were sitting afar in the stand at the side .
The whole speech was rather interesting as there were 4 speakers , including Sembawang candidate Alfred Tan , Marsiling-Yew Tee candidate Jufri Salim, Paul Tambyah and Dr Chee. Some of the main topics carried by the SDP talked about Full time MPs , and what SDP MP can do in the parliament when they got elected. All those primary facilities ( like MRT and parks ) would definitely be around even when the oppositions win the seats.
Dr Paul Tambyah made a more interesting topic on the expensive housing and high medical bills . finally , Mr chee ended the day talking about the topic of GCB ( good class bungalow ). I seriously do not think general public would be very interested in knowing who exactly owns or buy these expensive bungalows , and there might not be a direct link between a high priced GCB and the rise of prices of the land to be use for HDB. The public perception is still that MP and Ministers shouldn’t own big bungalows in order to feel connected to the public? or do we think that if office holders were to be banned from buying GCB , will this issues disappear? ( just a 2 cents worth of thought)
Talking about other sides of this election, there are a very fierce competition between the workers party and PAP on Punggol. The WP had harped on the case of DPM Gan being parachuted into Punggol for political gain , while PAP warned to the resident of Punggol that if DPM Gan would to lose at Punggol, PAP team will be severely weaken and Singapore will suffer. This is something I seriously don’t agree. Losing and winning is part and parcel of an Election , if any candidate does a good job and the voters like that candidate , he or she should win . but if he or she loses, it can only means he or she is not good enough to be elected. No one is indispensable, whenever any “good” minister loses, there are surely others that can stand up to take his roles, scaring voters to vote for the incumbent can never be the correct way forward .
On Tuesday night , unfortunately , there were not any PSP rally going for that night, and the nearest PAP rally was at Yishun , so I guess I should take a break for a night . and probably go for RDU rally on the Wednesday night .
Should stop here for now ,
GOD bless all the time , 慧台
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











No comments:
Post a Comment