title
Nov 30, 2024
Team building for 2024 (nov30)
It is the first company event (team building ) since 2020 when the covid starts. Compare to the previous team building which is being held at bintan during 2017 , this round is held at locally at Sentosa ( in which I do not need to have a passport to participate in this event.). probably it might be a good thing, if this event would take place outside Singapore , I probably would not be able to participate.
For this round of team building , the company has decided to split the company into 6 teams ( from what I know, it might not be accurate) . on the 30th of nov , I was being chosen to attend the 3rd round of team building. A total of 24 people was to attend the compulsory event, and most of us choose to meet at Jurong east to take company transport to the venue. Looking at the name list , probably more than 50 percent of the colleagues were new to me , and many of the staffs that comes in only from the last few months.
The bus reached Sentosa at around 0900am (Amara Sanctuary ). We were being led to a indoor hall where all the activities take place (100% indoor). By the way, there were heavy rain for that morning , any outdoor activities would not be possible . the event started with the host introducing himself (Bryan). From there we had some breakfast, and around 0930, we were split into groups based on our birthday ( date and month ) . Coincidently, one of the colleagues have the same birthday as me (Bryan Bong). We played some ice breaking games with everyone saying out three component mainly “Name” ,” Favorite food” and “ favorite place of holiday”. From there , we played some games , so that we can remember and understand our colleagues a little bit more. Although my memory was pretty bad , but I can say that the game is a good attempt to know my colleagues a little bit more
Firstly, we learn the four stages of team development are: Forming, Storming, Norming and Performing, followed by two games emphasizing the importance of storming and norming. It is important that a good leader could evenly delicate jobs responsibility to each and every one in the team without prejudice . and everyone could play a part and do their best. I wasn’t meant to be a leader, but I do managed to follow, so the team can accomplished the overall task .
We had a lunch break at around 1215pm. The vegetarian bento didn’t came on time, so I had to wait for a while. After the meal , there were no outdoor place we can visit , so we can only take a small rest in the room .
Afternoon , we had some team bonding games before coming to the most important activities of the day , the bicycle building. We was group to 4 teams to assembly 5 bicycles (for charity purpose). I wasn’t knowledgeable at understanding bicycle parts , but my colleague Mr Yusri was pretty good at it . I could help out in very minor jobs and most of the time, stand beside to watch them do. At the end of the day, we managed to produce 5 bikes for the kids home.
As the end of the day, the host thanks everyone for their effort and we left for home at around 1645 hours. Looking backwards on the event, I guess it would be a successful one. Looking forward, although I don’t expect to see any potential improvement on my colleague relationship in the near future, but it is still necessary to keep an open heart, and in the event if any colleague wants to have lunch with me, I should be able to say yes.
写到这里,不会谈恋爱的,一个人必须很开心
GOD bless all the time , 慧台
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment