title

title

Oct 13, 2024

A outing to kusu island

In the month of pilgrimage (October), I guess I should take a day leave to visit kusu island . a place I had never been before in my lifetime. Afterall, none of my friends would want to go with me to such a small island. It would be best if I can go alone, and most probably, this would be my last time I’m taking leave for the year 2024

I go online to book a ferry to kusu island on a weekday Friday. it was expected that many people would be going to kusu island on these seasons. the special ferry do not stop on the other two island(the sister island and st john island),In so , I do not have the chance to visit st john island ( probably have to wait until the next time )

I woke up early in the morning to take MRT to marina south pier station and the station is very empty with very few people . probably most people taking ferries are not taking public transport. I walked to the pier and collect the tickets at the counter. After that , I queue up 30 mins before the ferry departs. There were many people going to the island , and most of them look to be Singaporeans and middle aged and above. There are less of any young person or teenager going to the island.

I boarded the ferry at around 1005am , beside me would be a Singapore couple which I found hard to talk to . I reached the island 30mins later. After we boarded on the island, most of the travelers went straight to 大伯公庙。 I guess I should follow suit , the place is relatively small and crowded, and joss stick on sale were pretty expensive, I didn’t buy any stuff like that , I could only pray with my hands. Later , I walked thru a shop selling souvenirs and bought 2 small glass tortoise . according to the shop owner , there were indeed vegetarian food a few years ago . but since covid, the number of visitors had dropped tremendously, and many food stalls (including the vegetarian stall) was closed down. There only two or three stalls selling meat products. I went to the Datuk hill afterwards, the place was very small and pretty crowded. I came down after 5 minutes.

For the rest of the morning, I stroll around the island. the place was much smaller than I though, I barely took 40 minutes to complete the round. There were 2 lagoons where people could swim in , but there was no one in these lagoon today as most visitors just visited the temple and left the island. I just took 10 minutes or so to dip my feet into the water of one of the lagoons . There was also a small pond where some tortoise stays. Since there were pretty nothing else to do , I decide to leave the island on the 1330 hour ferry ( instead of the planed 1630 hours.)

after that ,I went to Funan center to have a expensive lunch , and from there I made a small walk to the nearby ford canning park . It was having some drizzle . I spent half an hour there before going home

Looking backwards, I guess the outing today should be quite ok. Looking forward to the near future , I probably would not visit kusu island again , until the place has some significant development. 游戏而言,因为花“真钱”的缘故,领到了一个“皇帝”的称号。有了小小的成就,就应该开心一下。凡是能用钱解决的问题,都不是问题。

写到这里,不会谈恋爱的,一个人可以很开心

GOD bless all the time , 慧台

No comments: