title

title

Apr 24, 2024

Annual Dinner and Dance 2024

The annual Dinner and Dance have arrived. Although I was not keen on attending such event, but if I do not go , probably I might end up to be labeled as anti-social (I think). After all , since I had missed a few of the earlier events organized by the company, I should just say yes for once to the yearly event .

The theme for the D&D was once a time in Asia. In order to encourage maximum D&D themed dress up participation, the Welfare Committee has added a Best Dressed Group Award on top of best dressed individual awards. But I decide to just wear normal t-shirt and jeans. Afterall , I don’t think I stand any chance of winning any prize and since I am the least popular person in the company, no one would ever be bothered if I ever do up any special dresses.

On the Friday, my company released us early at around 12 midday. I went home to rest a bit before setting out to the hotel at Bugis street at around 5oclock. I reach the venue at around 1800 hours. Around half of my colleagues came in special costumes, and majority of those came in mainly ancient Chinese Qing dynasty wear. I was given the table number 10, and I spent most of the time seating on the chair playing my handphone games rather than mixing with my colleagues (quite a number of them are probably new colleagues that I never came across or even talked before.

The event started at around 1930 hours. it started with host opening the night and inviting the MD for the opening speech. Talking about business profitability, the MD didn’t mention anything much, probably no news equals to good news.

Afterwards , the meals starts to come in. the food were relatively ok and not too much , probably not too much wastage. On my table , there were Goh , khine , Nuru and a few others. Other than Goh that chatted with me for a few minutes , I wasn’t familiar with the rest of the colleagues, and we probably didn’t chat at all .

unfortunately or otherwise , I accidentally got the role of the table lead to take a group selfie photo and spent a few minutes playing game on the stage. The MC started by getting every lead of the table to do a self-introduction and to answer questions like why you like your boss. By standing at the end of the row, I was basically being skipped before I could answer both questions. Some comments that the MC made such as “ I can’t dance and can’t sing “ makes me a little upset , but to think again , probably he is saying the right thing. To be positive, I just do whatever I can do to my myself happy. At the end of the 10 minutes , each of us get a small prize (10 dollar voucher). And is it a good thing after all .

After that , they are a performance on Sze chuan mask changing act . the performance was pretty interesting , although there a little lack of interaction between the actor and the audience. Soon there are competition on the individual costumes and group costume . winners of both event are decided by how loud the audience cheers , and in the group event wise , the simple wears of the 60s miraculously came in victorious against the expensive wear of the Qing dynasty. These shows that renting expensive costume does not guarantee victory .

finally coming to the lucky draw , there are 15 prizes to be won , but I was simply not lucky enough to win anything. At the end of the night , I managed to take some photos with colleagues that comes near my table . at 1045, I went home , ending the once a year event.

Looking forward , I might just skip most of the company activities ( if I can ) . This month would continue to be a relatively busy month where I would strive to read more book , spent more time on learning japanese , and practicing more on my er hu. Furthermore , I should start doing a bit jogging again just to keep a little more fit.

写到这里,不会谈恋爱的,一个人也可以很开心

GOD bless all the time , 慧台

No comments: