title
May 21, 2023
First interview for a better tomorrow
It has been a month since I started finding a new job. Thru the jobsteet app , I managed to apply for a couple of openings. Most of the job I applied are drafting related positions, although there are a few openings for engineers or assistant engineers, but the chances of success were pretty slim .
Last week , I mananged to get a first call for interview from NUTEK ( a manufacturing firm in JOO koon area. From then I realized that the contact number wriiten in the resume posted were outdated . I have to go online to do some amendment .
Then I made an effort to go for the interview last Friday . on Friday , I managed to take an afternoon leave , so I am able to find time for the interview . I took quite a while to find all the certificate hidden most of the time in the cupboard, but I still cant find my certificate for my japanese studies . since it wasn;t a Japanese company , I guess the cert wouldn’t be useful for now .
I took an mrt to joo koon station , where I changed into a bus 252. The journey took 5 mins or so , and land me infront of the huge building. It seems to me a quite a big mnc company with a lot of employee . I changes pass and when to the office for interview .
The interview started around 1520, and two staff ( one male staff believed to be the manager) came to interview me . firstly , I was to speak about myself,. Since it is my first interview ,in twelve years , I struggled quite a bit on trying to explain my strength and the reason for leaving the present job , and I don’t think is anyway convincing . afterwards, the male manager briefly talked about my future job scope. It is 100 percent 2D drafting job , very much similar to the jobs I am doing now , just kinda a little boring and manual work intensive job.
furthermore, the manager specifically mentioned twice on the need for overtime . since the manager didn’t managed to convinced me on the prospect of this job , I could not bring myself to say yes to such position . in the end , I rejected the post on the spot. For a thought, I told myself, even how much I would want to change a new job , I should not compromised my expectation for a better environment . afterall , the learning curve would have to be a higher consideration in any new job offers that come in the way. I than
ked the staff there and left for home
looking forward, I would still try to sent out emails for new posting , in the event if I still cant find a job , would I need to quit before finding a new one ? this would be a very difficult option , I would ponder deeply for the next few months
for the month of jun, I managed to enrol for a 2 day course on camera videography. I do not know what I really can benefit from such courses ( apporx 500 dollars ) . since it is fully paid by skill future credits , I should go and upgrade my self and hope to be able to make some new friends in the way
holiday wise , I starting to imagine going for a holiday as far as united states . at least , I would have the experience ( before I get too old ) of flying more than 12 hours , or 15 hours to be exact if I see myself to going west coast of united states, (san fransico ) , the ticket isn’t too expensive , with one way ticket probably cost a little more than 1000 dollars
写到这里,和自己说。不会谈恋爱的, 一个人也可以很开心
GOD bless all the time
慧台
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment