title
Oct 21, 2021
A visit to the lawyer ( write a will)
Time to write a will. Will is a legal document that decides who should get my properties after I pass away. Sometimes, I have pondered with myself, do I really need to write a will? Do I really need to care who gets my assets after I pass away? 反正人死了,万事都带不走。Probably because I wasn’t married and have no kids. All my assets should go to my mother, and when she pass away also. All these monies would probably be donated to the government or some charity organization. But then my mother thinks it’s good to have a simple will. I should just do it.
At the end of the September, I called the lawyer firm at Jurong east, and was given an appointment on 12 Oct to pay a simple fee (300) to have a basic will written. At that day, I took a day leave to go to the lawyer firm. The whole process take only 15 minutes, and during the process, the lawyer assistant briefed me on the details of the will. From there only I realize that if I had not written a will, all my assets would be passed to my mother (and none to my sister). I would have to rewrite a new will in the event if I gets married. But none the less, the money is worth spent, I guess
Afterwards, I went to city to collect my security pass and had lunch. Afterwards, I pay a visit to change airport for an hour walk. T2 has been closed for renovation, leaving only T1 and T3. There were quite some people (most of them are probably staff working there). There are also several flights departing from Singapore, and groups of people queuing up for departure at T1. Other than these, the place is relatively quiet. When I look thru into the transit zone, most restaurants and food courts were closed. Although other shops selling souvenirs remain open, but very few people walked around. I seriously hope the covid problem could go away soon and we could resume our lives as normal.
Looking forward, the covid situation in Singapore didn’t improve and most of the restriction has been extended to 21 nov. I could only stay most of the time at home, meeting friends for a meal might not even be feasible in the year 2021. I have resume some jogging (at a slower pace ) and I hope I could keep fit and a little fatter in the coming months
Finally, jiamin birthday is coming (28 oct) , wish her all the best 。写到这里,一个人也可以很开心
GOD bless all the time , 慧台
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











No comments:
Post a Comment