In the morning, I woke up at around 0530 hours. The night was ok as there weren’t any mosquitoes as I feared to be, it was pretty cooling as well.
The volunteers (2 guys + 2 gals) went out jogging in the morning, leaving 2 other volunteer sleeping. The group started the day with some exercise around 0610 hours. It seems to me that people taking part are mostly elderly, and those older volunteers. Most young folks weren’t around (probably still sleeping).
The exercise was pretty ok, with some easy steps at the start but becoming more complicated in the end and I could not catch up. After a 20 minutes exercise, we went for an island tour (similar to the tour yesterday), the place we can go is very limited and the walk ended after an hour. We couldn’t see any sun rise as it is being block by a hill.

After the walk, we proceed to take breakfast (bread eating) and back to the bunk. Since there are no other activities planned, we stayed in the bunk for the next 2 hours. All the volunteers were back in the bunk, but we are still not talking. I suggest taking a group photo, but no one is really interested, so I have to drop the idea.
Around 1100am, we moved out of the bunk and towards the pier. Soon it started to rain; all of all have to squeeze into a small covered walkway. Someone suggested we should take a group photo, but only a handful people actually took part in the group photo.
From 11am onwards, the group waited patiently for the boat to fetch us back to Singapore (12 people at a time); we were one of the last to take the boat (last second to be exact). Weather have been changing pretty fast, once a while bright sunlight, next minute, it comes heavy rain.

We reached Singapore around 1300, and the event ends in a quiet note

Looking backwards, I can’t say if the event is exactly successful, probably the purpose behind it isn’t so clear after all. But at least I have learnt something about St John Island and contribute something for the RC.
Talking about making new friends, I don’t think I really made any inroads. I got Hui ling’s number , but I’m seriously believe she’s not interested in meeting up anytime in the future, and it look like she “blocked” me on whatsapp. So in simple words, I should forget her, a photo should be more than enough as a Chinese saying (只在乎曾經擁有)
I got the number for another 2 guys (Alan / Charles), will the number be useful? I guess only time can tell.
丽卿的礼物送了,从她的表情看到她不是很高兴的样子。让我想起韩诗第三有讲一句话,
「爱其人者,及屋上乌,恶其人者,憎其胥馀, 」
所谓的爱一个人,连他屋顶的鸟鸦都会喜欢。讨厌一个人,连他的家族也要杀死。丽卿给自已的感觉,應該是后者比较多吧。
但礼物還是送了,只希望她会开心,明年就不送了。
车方面,有看到一辆韩国车,想这个星期六去看,但又听成发讲「这款」的车不好。结果还是买吗?只有等成发再打来。和自已说,这个星期六一定会去看一下,如果买不成,就等到七月才买车了,什麽事情,看天意就好,反正钱不会去动它,就等着买车用而已。
慧台
No comments:
Post a Comment