title

title

Feb 8, 2010

a sad weekend indeed

On 7 Feb, my mum and I were invited to attend my cousin’s child full moon birthday. The venue was at a multipurpose hall at AMK St 32. I sincerely thought that without transport, my father would not come. To my surprise, he turns up instead (by taking MRT).

While most of us stay in the hall, he sits alone outside the hall drinking whisky (provided free by my uncle). I try to talk to him, but he always chases me away when I try get near him.

Around 1520 hours, I brought my mum home. At 1715 hours, my uncle calls to tell me that my father is drunk and need me to fetch him home. I have no option but to travel to ang mo kio again. I reached there around 1740 hours. My father had been sleeping on the floor. When he wakes up, he made a lot of din that embarrass my uncle and his family, in such, my uncle is very upset for this.
I try to bring him home, but he refused to take my van. There is nothing I can do except to see him sleep on a nearby grass patch for a few hours until 2045. I miss the night activities as I could not bear to leave my father alone. After he got sober, he insisted that he take MRT home. I can only see him to the MRT station which after I went home myself.

It’s a difficult situation like this; I guess I can only stand at my father side. Looking forward, my uncle has regretted inviting my dad there. It may means they might not invite my father again for any other celebration. I can only pray that my father can improve when times to come. GOD bless.

Life is a one way street, in such that I can only go forward but not backward. Friendship is like a piece of fragile ornament, once you broke it, there is no way to repair it. Maybe dumping them away is the only means I had, and maybe it looks like it’s a much easier route to take (and the sole route).

[To a person unknown] I never meant to irritate you or anybody I pass by, but then , if damage is being done, I guess a million apologies would be a lousier option compared to staying away. So I decide to keep quiet and stay away as far as possible. Just hope you understand and don’t get upset.

三十六計,走為上計。大概就是這個意思。Looking forward, I must not make the same mistake again. GOD Bless.

cheers
toii

2 comments:

马小玲 said...

erm... r u a vegetarian?

hweetoi said...

yes.. anything?
but my dad is not..