In this blog, I should write something for the long waited Secondary school gathering (BVSS black and white Reunion). I got the news of this reunion thru face book. It took months of effort for the organizers to come out with such a reunion. Although the cost is relatively expensive (40 dollars). But since this is the first event in 15 years old, I guess the money is worth spent.
I do try to call (email and msg) a few of my friends for this event, most didn’t reply and for those replied, and the response isn’t good. They are busy, I guess.
On the day (15 ague 2009), I left my house early to take bus to my old school. I was one of the early birds to reach BVSS at around 1840 hours. Other than registering my name and to receive a souvenir, I was largely left alone. So I spent my time walking around the school, I wasn’t allowed back the classrooms, so I went to have a walk at the garden. The front garden I knew had shifted to the back. The area had undergone massive renovation, and it is no longer the same as before. I took some photo to be posted later.
The activities finally started at 2000 hours. Before that, I mingle around and managed to see some of my old teachers and the ex principal, Mr. Ow. Student wise, I only managed to see a 3 people (Ali , Ashar and Rosita) from my class and a couple more from the 1993 batch. Overall some 200-300 people attended the event. As I look around, I see more Malay people around compared to Chinese, maybe Malay friends are better? I don’t know. Just hope more of my Chinese friends could come for the next round.
The event started with some speech by the present principal (Mrs. Tan), her talk mainly centered on fund raising issue where we were repeatly encourage to donate to the school.
Mr. Ow follow on the second speech reviewing what had happen since 1986. At least Mr. Ow’s speech look better. After that a buffet started, at least there were some vegetarian mee hoon that I could tuck in, beside that I also help myself to some cake.
Activities following were a group of dancers using table tennis racket as a dance item. After was a group of pop band (formed by ex Bukit viewers). The performance was pretty interesting as all of them have done their best. There were also lucky draw of 20 prizes to be won, but I wasn’t lucky enough to win any. Final event is the most appropriate dress contest.
The event stayed until 2230, which after that I left for home.
Overall the event is quite ok, I didn’t managed to make any new friends in this process, but this is most expected. I just hope that the next gathering should come as soon or at least before Aug next year.
Just a note for my personal thing, I had not been playing maple for a week. But since I promised myself to complete some reading, I should extend my ban for another fortnight, I do still play a bit of face book games, particularly FFS. Through some strangers out there, my value had raised to 25Million. It was far better than I have expected earlier.
Maybe this is something friends can’t help.
Last thing, in another month time, my birthday is coming. What should I wish? I have decided that I won’t have any wish this year. I might even be working on that day
God bless
Chees
Toii
No comments:
Post a Comment